Applying to Doane Stuart
The Doane Stuart School seeks students who are academically talented and motivated; who will offer significant contributions to activities and programs; and who will benefit from a school that "emphasizes serious study, educates to social responsibility, and lays the foundation for a strong faith," our mission.
Those interested in applying to Doane Stuart should contact the Admission Office at (518) 465-5222, ext. 209 or ext. 210, for further information and Application materials. You may contact the Admission Office, also, by completing and submitting the online Inquiry Form.
Doane Stuart maintains a rolling admission policy. The earliest possible completion of the process is highly recommended:
- Submission of an Admission Application, accompanied by a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submission of Confidential Recommendation Form from an English/Classroom Teacher. (Not required of Early Childhood applicants who have not attended formal school.)
- Submission of Confidential Recommendation Form from a Counselor/Principal. (Not required of Early Childhood applicants who have not attended formal school.)
- Submission of an official school transcript. The Record Release Form is to be completed and given to the Guidance Office of the student s current school. The student s transcripts should be forwarded directly to Doane Stuart.
- A required Class Visit. Please contact the Admission Office to schedule a class visit.
- 45 minute visit for students entering N, PreK, K, Grade 1 and Grade 2
- Two hour visit for students entering Grades 3, 4 or 5
- Half of a day for students entering Grades 6-12.
Students applying for admission during the summer months must meet with a member of the Admission team for an interview/evaluation.
Applicants from ChinaInternational students coming from China should work through the Cambridge Institute of International Education to apply to Doane Stuart. We partner with Cambridge to help Chinese students work through the admissions process and ensure proper placement. To submit an application, please contact our consultants at the Cambridge Institute at email@example.com.
Students entering N, PreK, K and Grade 1 participate in interactive testing in the Admission Office. Older students will write an essay and may take standardized testing on campus, provide standardized testing scores taken within the last year, or submit results from SSAT testing.
Statement of Nondiscrimination Policy
The Doane Stuart School admits students of any race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, and sexual preference to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, or sexual preference, nor in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other School-administered programs.